Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Find a spot that doesn't hurt...........

Well last night I went back to karate - after a month off! Note to self: do not take a month off karate! Warm up consisted of 50 x 10 squats - with legs wider apart after each 50. So the quads were jelly for the rest of the session. But I survived the 2 hours (will admit that I had some vague ideas of fainting/throwing up/running away a couple of times). Came home with a totally sodden karate suit (yes, I know it's 32 degrees here, but we still have to wear them) and some beautiful red welts. But all is good.

And so this morning I had to wake up to my 5.30am run! The quads and everything else complained horribly and did not stop for the entire 30 minutes of my run. The good news is that the foot, although still swollen, is completely pain free and coping with all I'm throwing at it.

So far this week I've endured an altercation with a hill on my mountain bike and have a purple bum to show for it; a root canal which started out as a look-see filling with no anesthetic for half the procedure and being beaten up in karate..............and it's only Wednesday!!!
So come on Great wall - bite me!

No comments:

Post a Comment